Small update!
Aug. 11th, 2013 12:20 amHey everyone ^^ It's been a long time since I've posted but I've been spending more time here recently than I have in the last couple of months, and I thought "Wow, I'd better post, this journal is looking pretty dead..." LOL.
So I'm officially retaking my GED test in October. I think I'll do a lot better but I need to remember to keep up better on my studies. Procrastination, to say the least, is a weakness. I think that's kind of what screwed me last time.
Not looking forward to my yearly eval at work. I thought I would have had a different job by now, but it's funny how things work. Transportation is constantly an issue since I don't have a car yet. But I am still thankful that I have it. That being said, I really need to find a job closer to where I live. ^^;
Also, in fandom news, I think I'm going to try and get into Supernatural. I see so many people talk about it, and I decided to see what it was about. I watched this recap video on YouTube and it looks interesting. I've watched like one episode and then I never watched it again. I don't know why. But if I do watch it when it comes back, I'll let you know how I think of it.
I guess that's it for now! Just popping my head in, but now it's time to crash. Night night, lovelies.
So I'm officially retaking my GED test in October. I think I'll do a lot better but I need to remember to keep up better on my studies. Procrastination, to say the least, is a weakness. I think that's kind of what screwed me last time.
Not looking forward to my yearly eval at work. I thought I would have had a different job by now, but it's funny how things work. Transportation is constantly an issue since I don't have a car yet. But I am still thankful that I have it. That being said, I really need to find a job closer to where I live. ^^;
Also, in fandom news, I think I'm going to try and get into Supernatural. I see so many people talk about it, and I decided to see what it was about. I watched this recap video on YouTube and it looks interesting. I've watched like one episode and then I never watched it again. I don't know why. But if I do watch it when it comes back, I'll let you know how I think of it.
I guess that's it for now! Just popping my head in, but now it's time to crash. Night night, lovelies.
no subject
on 2013-08-12 02:02 am (UTC)no subject
on 2013-08-12 05:53 am (UTC)I hope all goes well, and that you pass with flying colours!
I'm hoping to step out and explore a new fandom this fall myself - Karl Urban's new show, "Almost Human" is looking mighty interesting to me. It'll be hard to follow more than one show in a serious way, but I'm going to try it. Supernatural wasn't for me - I couldn't get into the concept.
I'll say goodnight myself - yikes! It's almost 2 am here!
no subject
on 2013-08-13 03:45 am (UTC)no subject
on 2013-08-15 03:40 pm (UTC)I haven't watched Supernatural, but everyone I know that has watched it has loved it.
no subject
on 2013-08-16 01:31 pm (UTC)Supernatural is a fun show but it definitely has its issues. My favourites are seasons one and two, without a doubt. I really enjoy the relationship between the two brothers and the mythology of the show. It's worth watching, just don't get too emotionally invested.
no subject
on 2013-08-17 02:17 am (UTC)no subject
on 2013-08-20 09:56 am (UTC)It's been a while since I saw the first two seasons so it's entirely possible that I'm remembering them with rose-coloured glasses. Overall, it's an entertaining show with an interesting mythology and there are some really beautiful episodes. There's one in season one called "Faith" which is one of my favourities. I do feel the show has been dragged out, though, and needs to come to an end. It's become a bit repetitive. But I can't fault the cast and crew for wanting to work.
Hope this helps!
no subject
on 2013-08-21 04:05 am (UTC)no subject
on 2013-08-26 10:19 am (UTC)Hope you have fun watching!